THE RECORDS LOCATED AT MONKSGRANGE CONSIST OF
FIVE DISTINCT ARCHIVES:
1. The papers of the Richards and Orpen families, comprising the correspondence and papers of the following people:
Rev. JOHN RICHARDS (1757-1827),
EDWARD MOORE RICHARDS (1826–1911),
DOROTHEA SARGENT (formerly RICHARDS) (1899–1886),
JOHN FRANCIS RICHARDS (1824-1860),
ADELA ORPEN (née RICHARDS) (1855–1927),
GODDARD ORPEN (1852–1932),
LILIAN IRIS ORPEN (1883-1944),
EDWARD RICHARDS RICHARDS-ORPEN (1884-1967),
MARGARET AUGUSTE LOUISE RICHARDS-ORPEN (née TOMALIN) (1886–1963) VIRGINIA RICHARDS-ORPEN (1916–1939)
Also included are some personal and general papers of JOHN RICHARDS-ORPEN (1915-84) and ESTHER RICHARDS-ORPEN (formerly BISHOP); this collection is not yet catalogued. What has been catalogued of the whole collection, so far, comprises approximately 380 archival boxes.
Account of her husbands’ fatal illness, Dorothea Richards 1st November 1829
2. Estate Papers of Monksgrange (formerly Grange) under the Richards family and of Orpen estates in Kerry and Cork.
3. Photographic collection dating from the beginning of photography to the late 20th century.
Sarah Elizabeth Richards, nee Tisdale, c1855
4. Artworks by family members, fine art and collectables.
Laurel Hill, Coleraine watercolour by Penelope Orpen. 1867
5. Papers of John Richards-Orpen relating to the National Farmers Association and his other professional activities.